Because of the rain, we have been concentrating on organizing our indoor shop recently, rather than outdoor work. My husband has been helping organize our garden tools and hoses, as well as old paint and stain cans.
Several old book shelves have been repurposed. I have given them a coat of paint. The existing shelves have also been painted.
Outdoors I took a walk about today and there are tons of buds on the rhododendrons. I don’t yet know what colours they are.
Hellebores are emerging.
I wake up in the middle of the night, trying to decide how to develop the secret path leading behind the sauna (whose roof needs repair).
This is the path…Raspberries have been removed on the left and on the right is the holding bed with plants I moved here from Ontario. A burn pile has been removed in the back left of this photo. Some wild shrubs remain, others were removed. The ferns will stay!
Further along and to the right, the path leads behind the sauna where there is a small full moon maple growing and other mystery plants.
From behind the shop with its blue door: We had help moving 2 espaliered apple trees to my daughter’s gardens. I hope they enjoy their new home. A wisteria was also removed. We have placed stakes and string to mark a likely edge to a new grass and perennial garden along the sunny back of the house.
Perhaps February will be kind in the weather department and allow us to make progress here. Removing sod and rocks and adding soil and other amendments will be necessary before we move the plants to their new homes.
I am impatient!